Thursday, May 1, 2008

MIRACLES!!!!

What is a miracle?

It is when the impossible happens.
It’s when doctors have given up on a sick child and for no scientific reason, that child gets well.
It’s when you’re down to your last dollar, have piles of bills to be paid, and a check arrives in the mail from some unknown source.
It’s when a child is born and you can’t believe how exquisitely miniature this new life appears.
It’s when you’ve prayed for a specific purpose and that prayer is answered.
It’s when there is no earthly reason something wonderful has happened.
It's when Waffles wins the month of April in the BBT3.
It's when Aniguy gives a compliment about Lucko.

Miracles take place everyday. Sometimes they’re very subtle and quiet, sweeping in like a touch on the face. Other times, it’s very evident and public. It doesn’t matter who you are, miracles can happen to anyone.

With that being said, ROOOAAARRR to Waffles, congrats dude on taking down the month of April in the BBT3, you showed that miracles can happen. All kidding aside you played a great month of poker, you are were true to your word about becoming the nice Waffles. You won me a $100.00 from a blogger who chooses not to be mentioned.(avoiding drama), so that brings me to $200.00 for the month, the first $100.00 was with a Hoy win.

The second miracle occurred today as Aniguy and I were driving in the car, we started to talk about bloggers and he asked me who I thought were the best players, of course I gave my opinion freely, and then it happened, he gave props to Lucko. I'm sure if any of you have been at the tables with Lucko and Aniguy you all know there is no love lost there. I couldn't believe what I was hearing, I asked him to say it again, and low and behold he said what I thought he said, that Lucko is a descent poker player due to the fact that he gets deep in almost any MTT he is in, it's not just all luck.

The third miracle means nothing to anyone except for myself, taking 9th place for the month of April is a big accomplishment for me. In March I finished in 79th place so to move up 70 places is somthing that I'm very proud of. I also moved up to 28th place overall, so yes I'll give myself props. I worked really hard to improve my game by reading, and asking other bloggers for advice.

The highlight of every Wednesday night is the Puuuuuuusssssssh Fests, I just love these games, it usually increases my bankroll by $80.00 or so for the week, so thank you to Buddy Dank for always getting them together.

Well thats it for now, I'm off to VA to see my brother who is having surgery tomorrow and if everything goes okay then I'm off to Mookies for the remainder of the weekend. I hope to be in Va in time to be able to play Riverchasers tonight.

Thanks for reading!

3 comments:

SirFWALGMan said...

Woo hoo! Miracles!

PokahDave said...

Q.O.P.
Queen of Pushfests!

lightning36 said...

Thanks for the encouragement at Riverchasers tonight. I'm hitting deep, but just haven't been able to take one down.