Tuesday, April 22, 2008

My Quest To The Final Table!


First let me say congrats to wormmsu for taking down the MATH last night. It was an awesome final table with the showing of cmitch, Bone Daddy, jimdniacc, Hoyazo, wormmsu, and of course myself.

Although it wasn't a win, it had been the furthest I have gotten in any of the BBT3 events.

There were many key hands that got me to the final table, starting with this hand that gave me my first double up of the night.




http://www.pokerhandreplays.com/view.php/id/4782

I then got moved to a new table where there were most of the players I try to avoid, iam23skidoo, Hoyazo, Riggstad, VinNay, and KatieMother. I sat and waited for the right hand to try to increase my stack.

After Riggstad busted out, Columbo got moved to the table with a decent stack. My experience with Columbo is that he always ends up with my chips, so I had to have my guard up and play smart...




http://www.pokerhandreplays.com/view.php/id/4784

A few hands later this happened, and much to my surprise, I busted one of the best blogger players.




http://www.pokerhandreplays.com/view.php/id/4785

This was the second race in a row that I won against Columbo in a very short period of time. I guess the MATH was on my side last night!

At the end of that hand I got moved to yet another table and once again felt like, holy shit, here it goes I'm for sure going out now. Breeze81, PokahDave, cmitch, Lightning36, and DaBag are all players whose play I respect. With that being said I knew I had to play cautiously but I also needed to steal some pots in order to make it to the final table. Most important, I needed to play strong hands without backing down.

Here was my hand that brought me into the chip lead!





http://www.pokerhandreplays.com/view.php/id/4786

At last the final table!



http://www.pokerhandreplays.com/view.php/id/4787

This hand helped me get to heads up.





http://www.pokerhandreplays.com/view.php/id/4788

Thanks to all who gave me shout outs during the final table. The support was an overwhelming feeling for me, you are truly great people...

It would be so unjust of me not to mention the people who have helped me become the player I am today: ScottMc, Riggstad, CK, Hoyazo, Surflexus, Fuel55, NumbBono, Zeem, Millerd33, and yes Waffles, for each of these players brings something different to the table which at times can be very dangerous... So thank you all for taking the time to look over my hand histories, and for taking the time to answer all my questions about this God forsaken game.

And to ScottMc... It's been great being partners with you...

I hope to see everyone at the Skillz Series tonight.

11 comments:

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM

Well played, and I love the new player you have started to use. Makes it feel as if I was there.

Unknown said...

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM Way TO GO DONKETTE!

:-)

IT

BWoP said...

Congrats on the cash!

Just keep working on your game. You are a force to be reckoned with :-)

lightning36 said...

Wow - you were great last night. I thought you were going to take it down. Congrats on the finish.

Let's hope that those of us with a second place finish can win our seat!

Fuel55 said...

Slow and steady improvement - the thinking is paying off.

Anonymous said...

Chick-a-boom chick-a-boom!!! Very Nice showing.

Sorry I missed most of the HU

Anonymous said...

Way to GO!!!


You rock.

BamBam said...

Congrats on this finish, and the way you were playing last night too!

It's great to see!

KajaPoker said...

WOW - two nights, two final tables! Very well done!

Then I saw that you won the Bodonkey and remembered someone nicked your nick.

SirFWALGMan said...

wheeeeee!