Friday, April 4, 2008

And I will lay down upon thee, great vengenance and furious Anger!

I've been thinking more and more about this. That is the poser who took my name, Donkette, and opened an account on Bodog.

I remember a while back Riggs IM'ing me saying congrats for doing well in the Bodog. This was like 4 months ago. Then Don did the same.

At first I thought cool... someone is using my name. But then I remembered that back at that point, I was still considered pretty much a horrid player. why would someone take my screen name on Bodog. I know it wasn't mine there, because I hadn't opened an account, but obviously, it was a blogger, because they were playing in the blogger event on Bodog.

The more I think about it the more I get pissed. Really pissed. I mean, c'mon you hack. Show your face. Man up and tell me at least that you were just having fun.

But if that is the case, why haven't I been told yet? I started blogging, what, a month ago? A lot of you are helping me with my game, I'm having a fun time blogging, and I feel like I have made some pretty good relationships, and now welcomed into a community which I adore...

But Donkette on Bodog? This is your last chance to fess up. Tell me who ripped off my name. I can only take offense to it being that it was done and no one admitting it to this point.

Surely some of you out there know who this poser is. Won't someone enlighten me as to why or who took it.

Imagine if someone logged on to bodog with alcanthang, before the real Al did, or Joe Speaker, or Highonpoker...

For now, I will reserve my anger and assume it was flattery, but if you will not show your face, and admitt it was you... I can only assume it was done in an insulting way.

Am I wrong?

7 comments:

OhCaptain said...

I found OhCaptain used at a site. Sometimes it just happens. It may not be anyone that ever heard of a blog. I've tried to go to most sites now and sign up for my name. I don't play there, but I have my name reserved in case I do.

Riggstad said...

I think its absolutely a blogger Donk...

But I dont know that knowing who it is holds much value to you. Unless you plan on asking for your name

Either way, I hope you get what you are looking for

smokkee said...

there's a link to her blog at www.bodogbloggertournament.com

catfight!

Fuel55 said...

How can you complain when you failed to trademark the name? Lesson learned - intellectual property is EVERYTHING.

CarmenSinCity said...

Hey girl!

thanks for checking out my blog and for sure I'd be pissed about someone stealing my name. Don actually came up with my name carmensincity - but it's totally a part of me. And I love it and I'd be really really annoyed if someone took my name. I'll add you to my blog roll for sure. Thanks for adding me!

Greylocks said...

I've had the nick 'donkette' on Bodog since the site opened for business.

I'm sorry I was prescient enough to know that someday you'd want to use the name.

I'm betting Bodog won't let us change the names, but if you can talk them into it, I'm game.

23skidoo said...

sorry someone had the clever idea that donkette would be a cool name before you did.

Can't we all just get along?