Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Sunday Poker, Monday Poker

I've been wrapped up the last few days getting some "me" stuff done and haven't had time to post. Plus I've been trying to figure out how to post what was my first shot at a big MTT on Saturday. I did well, and was excited and bummed all at the same time.

These things are so friggin boring, but the big hands and the journey make it all worth while. Although I think getting into these things are a big investment in time, and really, anything less than a first will leave this huge angry hole inside of you, I think they are worth it maybe every once in a while.

So I played the 16k guarantee on Saturday. Here are some notes I took as I went along:

$24+$2 buy-in - I used a token
1,048 players
21st place
(won $90.81)

Not a lot going on in the early stages, I tried to see some flops, but didn't connect too well. Down to 1,500 chips at one point.

Had to make a move, so pushed with K-Q suited and was called by A-K. Rivered a Q. Then chipped up when KK held up against QQ (all-in preflop).

Hit a royal flush, but only made money from the guy who called my raise preflop. Flopped nut flush, rivered royal flush.








Took a hit close to the bubble when a shortie jammed with 7-9 suited (hearts). I called with A-T suited (diamonds). He flopped a Q-high flush.

At that point, it was just about surviving the bubble. I almost pushed in late position with A-Q suited (hearts), but there were two players who were really short and if they busted, I was in the money so I folded. Was this a bad fold? (I would have won the hand when an Ace hit the flop)
After the bubble burst, started picking up steam again. Got a fair number of premium hands (A-A, K-K, Q-Q, J-J, A-K and A-Q) during this time and I chipped up moderately.

Then the big hand that put me into the top 10 in chip counts. Blinds at 2,000/4,000. I raised in middle position with A-A to 16,000. The guy behind me (about the same amount in chips) pushed all-in. He had K-Q. That put me around 87k.


Tried to steal and resteal for a while and then went totally card dead. Finally pushed with K-Q and was called by the chip leader with 3-3. Picked up an open ended straight draw on the turn, but couldn't hit any of my outs.

Thanks to everyone who was railing: Riggstad, ScottMc, PokerEnthusiast, Katitude, Bayne. Ck was in girly chat for support :-)

It was definately fun towards the end there with all of my supporters. It is really amazing how your spirits lift when you have all of the observers cheering you on. One observer, unkown to me, even started cheering me on just because everyone else was. What an advantage really.


Here are my statistics for the entire tourney:


Last night I played the Tuckfard, and the Tuckfard II. I won the II and came in 3rd in the first one. They are a lot of fun, and I got some good cards, made some good reads, and just stole when I thought I could.

The MATH treated me like a tramp last night and I never really got anything going. I look forward to tonight and the skillzzzz series!

See you all there!

3 comments:

BamBam said...

Thank you so much for bringing the whole family by last night. It was a blast!
Please tell minidonk to stop by Bedrock sometime today. I hear there's some goofy kid's name up in lights !

;o)

smokkee said...

if you're playing to win, you shove with AQs. if you're playing to finish ITM, you fold it.

Zeem said...

A huge, angry hole? MTTs are quite a roller coaster, to be sure. Well done, you will have bigger scores soon!

See you in the Skillz!

z